First Aid Focus
4 - 18 Year Olds
First Aid Focus is a free in-school program that allows WA students to learn basic first aid skills. St John's mission is to make first aid a part of everyone's life. Since its inception in 2008, First Aid Focus has trained over 500,000 WA school students with the aim to train a further 500,000 by 2020.
St John offers age appropriate programs for Early Childhood, Primary and High School students that are fun, engaging and curriculum focused. Our passionate team of Community Education Officers delivers and teaches the importance of first aid skills to classrooms across the Perth metro area.
Topics covered in all the First Aid Focus courses include:
- How to call for an ambulance
- Introduction and principles of first aid
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty
- Recovery position demonstration and practice
- Management of external bleeding
- How to treat a burn
- Clearing a blocked airway
To register your interest or find out more about First Aid Focus please contact us.