Would you know what to do in an emergency situation?
Since 1892, St John Ambulance has been charged with the responsibility of training individuals in the knowledge and practice of first aid. That’s 121 years of dedicated service to the community.
There are a variety of courses to choose from, ensuring there is something suitable for any person seeking professionally-run, accredited and non-accredited first aid training.
To book a course, head to the First Aid Courses page. Please note prices listed on the course bookings page are subject to change without notice.
For current booking enquiries, please contact us on (08) 9334 1233.
Refresh your first aid skills every year
St John Ambulance recommends refreshing your first aid training every 12 months to ensure your first aid skills are kept current and to maintain the confidence to deliver first aid in an emergency situation. This is also in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council’s guidelines that states CPR skills should be refreshed annually.
Why does St John recommend annual refreshing of first aid skills?
- Research has shown that the more recently a person has completed first aid training, the more confident they are in using their skills.
- As with most things in life, the more you practice doing something, the better at it and more confident you become. The same applies to first aid training.
- Accredited VET courses and certification do not expire. However, the skills and knowledge you gain from these courses can become out of date over time due to;
- Not using your skills on a regular basis (or at all)
- Changes to industry recommendations associated with VET units of competency
- Regular training is a good way for employers to minimise risk, as employees who train regularly in first aid may be better prepared to respond to first aid emergencies in the workplace.
What course should I complete to refresh my skills?
Should you choose to refresh your first aid skills each year, the course that you choose to complete is entirely up to you.
Consider whether there are any first aid skills you feel you could improve on and be more confident in, or if your personal or work circumstances have recently changed.
Click here to view all courses and to book yours today.
Important Information – Unique Student Identifier (USI) What is a USI?
St John Ambulance WA (trading as “St John Ambulance Western Australia”) RTO #0392 has been given exemption from compulsory collection of USIs and reporting training results to the National Vocational Education and Training (VET) Database.
You can still train with us and receive your course certificate, however your assessment results will not appear on your authenticated VET transcript or be available to you via the USI system unless you provide us with your USI. If you would like to provide your USI a link will be provided in your confirmation letter which you will receive within one working day of booking. The link provided will direct you to a webpage where you can enter your USI and further enrolment details required for reporting purposes.
Please note your USI will not be recorded against any prior training.
Our registered trading name can be verified on the training.gov.au website.