- 5 hours
Who this course is recommended for:
• Grandparents; and
• Carers of young children.
All participants will receive a Tiny Tots First Aid Kit, valued at $35.00
St John Ambulance recommends that you refresh your first aid training every 12 months. This is also in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines that state CPR skills should be refreshed annually.
Course duration: 5 hours.
- DRSABCD action plan
- Recovery position for child and infant
- Foreign material
- Positional asphyxia
- Respiratory conditions - asthma, allergic reaction, anaphylaxis, choking
- Trauma management – falls, cuts, nose bleeds, bleeding, shock, burns, fractures and soft tissue injuries
- Common childhood problems – toothache, earache, stomach upsets, croup, fever, febrile convulsions, meningococcal, poisons, bites and stings
Unit(s) of Competency
There are no formal qualifications associated with this course.